Re: Sun libnsl lameness

From: Allanah Myles (dossyat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 06 1998 - 19:00:25 PDT

    On 1998.07.01, George Clooney <madatsunat_private> wrote:
    >                These vulnerabilities are present in Sun Microsystem's
    >                Solaris 2.2, 2.3, 2.4 and 2.5.1.

    They fail to mention 2.6 - is this because this announcement was
    pre-2.6, or is it fixed in 2.6?

    If it exists in 2.6, I'm going to scream.

    This is another perfect example of why Sun should go back into the
    hardware design and architecture business, and get OUT of the
    OS/software business.  Leave software design to real software
    designers.

    -Dossy

    --
        Now I'm who I want to be, where I want to be, doing what I've always said I
        would and yet I feel I haven't won at all...      (Aug 9, 95: Goodbye, JG.)