Re: Sun libnsl lameness

From: mibat_private
Date: Wed Jul 08 1998 - 18:37:18 PDT

    Allanah Myles writes:
    > This is another perfect example of why Sun should go back into the
    > hardware design and architecture business, and get OUT of the
    > OS/software business.  Leave software design to real software
    > designers.

    If anyone had actually bothered to look at Sunsolve or call Sun support
    before jumping to rash conclusions they would have realised that Sun
    actually fixed these problems some time in June - long before "George
    Clooney" posted his diatribe on July 1st.

    The only patch I have first hand knowledge of is the 2.5.1 patch, which
    is 103612-41, but Sun assure me that similar patches are available for
    other releases.

    Please, can we have some rational thought on bugtraq?

    regards

     - Mike

    --
    |   Mike Battersby         |   The skill of accurate perception is called   |
    |   <mibat_private>    |   cynicism by those who don't possess it.      |