Re: SCO POP remote root exploit

From: Bela Lubkin (belalat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 16:26:08 PDT

    Vit Andrusevich wrote:

    >    Here is my ( ??:)  ) exploit  for SCOPOP server.
    > Offset 0 is for version 2.1.4-R3.
    > ASM string was little modified for SCO syscall style.
    > Tested on SCO Open Server 5.0.4.

    Yep, that works.  Thanks.

    A replacement popper is in the works here, based on the security fixes
    in 3.52.  Apparently SCO's popper has some other changes which must be
    merged together, so it's not just a matter of get-configure-make.  But
    anyone reading this could get and build a replacement from qualcomm.