Re: small bug in 5/98 distribution Sun 4070627

From: Eugene Bradley (eugene.bradleyat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 24 1998 - 17:57:48 PDT

    On 24 Jul 98, @ 8:17, Lloyd Vancil <levat_private> wrote:

    > Sun Bug # 4070627
    > The Solaris 2.6 5/98 distribution did not include
    > /usr/openwin/bin/Xaserver but the inetd.conf  still refers to it.
    > remarking out or removing the line in inetd.conf fixes the problem.
    >
    > Having the system busy looking for Xaserver will cause new sessions to
    > fail as memory is consumed.
    >
    > L.

    I can confirm that the Solaris 2.6 HW 3/98 distribution also
    "includes" the nonexistent /usr/openwin/bin/Xaserver (X audio
    server) in /etc/inet/inetd.conf , and that commenting out the
    unnecessary service in /etc/inet/inetd.conf and restarting inetd
    with a HUP signal rectifies the problem.

    This weekend I will see if the original Solaris 2.6 distribution
    (August 1997) as well as Solaris 2.5.1 "include" Xaserver in
    /etc/inet/inetd.conf.
    signal
    --
    Eugene Bradley -- Just Another Random Solaris administrator
    eugene.bradleyat_private | I don't work for Erol's -- they're just my ISP