Re: netscape mail overflow(another one)

From: Brett Glass (brettat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 28 1998 - 22:49:04 PDT

    It makes perfect sense that any header field could overflow a limited buffer.
    I'd assumed that developers would have the sense to check ALL of the buffers
    used to store headers, but maybe this should be pointed out to them, just to
    make sure.

    We may see exploits based on bugs in UUDECODE and BinHex decoders in mailers
    as well. I'm sure they're there given the overall low quality of the code
    that these companies are generating (sigh).

    --Brett Glass