Re: RotoRouter 1.0 - Traceroute log & fake

From: Vadim Kolontsov (vadimat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 11 1998 - 23:03:58 PDT

    Hi,

    On Tue, Aug 11, 1998 at 08:48:09PM -0400, #include <gerbil.h> wrote:

    [RotoRouter]

     Some time ago I've wrote a similar utility.
     From http://sb.123.org/tdetect.html

    --------------------------- cut here ----------------------
    Traceroute Detector

      If you're interested to detect all attempts to make "traceroute your-host"
    or "traceroute host.your-network", you can try to use this simple program.
    The idea is simple - to detect UDP (Unix traceroute) or ICMP ECHO (Windows
    traceroute) packets with TTL fields == 1.

      Program was developed under FreeBSD 2.2.2 using Berekeley Packet Filter
    library, currently supports only loopback and ethernet interfaces (it's
    easy to add SLIP/FDDI). It's possible to port it to other systems (don't
    forget to send me diffs ;). Remember - it's not a completed product, just a
    couple of C-files to demonstrate the idea.

      An example of output:

      Traceroute Detector active on fxp0
      UDP-based traceroute attempt to 10.0.0.20 from 10.10.30.45
      ICMP-based traceroute attempt to 10.0.0.1 from 10.10.30.48

      First one is probably UNIX box, and the second one is Windows (or Unix
    traceroute with "-I" option)

      You can download it from that page.

    Regards,
    V.