Re: Possible DoS attack to NT boxes running OpenNT 2.1

From: Robert Fesig (robbat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 17:53:25 PDT

            Using the reskit utility KILL.EXE, it is possible to kill ANY process, even the System Process (PID 0), using the -f switch. Try "kill -f PID", and you can kill anything, protected or not.

            I believe the reason CPU usage went to 100% would be because of a bug in MS Access, I've seen the same thing happen when users only open one copy in certain configurations... Granted, the bug did cause what seemingly became a DoS attack, but had you used a different program, it wouldn't have appeared as such.

    Robert Fesig
    robbat_private