Fw: [NTSEC] Netscape Server Security Hole

From: jon (realizeat_private)
Date: Sun Aug 16 1998 - 18:38:41 PDT

    FWD from ntsecurity. See ntsecurity archive for original postings:
    [begin]
    I am running Web servers using three different servers, Netscape Enterprise
    2.0 on Solaris 2.5.1,  Apache 1.2b11 on BSDI 3.0 and Netscape Enterprise
    3.5.1 on NT 4.0 Server w/128-bit SP3.   In testing these for the
    /?PageServices query, only the Netscape Enterprise 3.5.1 server running on
    NT [This is not limited to NT. See below, last post...]produce a directory
    listing of the docs root.

    The Page Services function is a menu item under View in Netscape Navigator
    4.xx and Communicator.  All one has to do is load up a Web page, go to View
    on the menu bar and see it Page Services is activated.  If it is, select it
    and you'll get back a directory listing of the Web server docs root.  If
    there are subdirectories in this root, you can see a listing of all the
    files in these as well.

    I have yet to look at Netscape's site for any news about this problem, but
    for now I have turned off the Web server using Enterprise 3.5.1.