Re: Security Hole in Axent ESM

From: Steve McBride (steveat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 27 1998 - 09:30:55 PDT

    Remember that ESM is a security policy enforcement tool, not a security
    hole "finder" (for lack of a better word)...  While these two subjects are
    for the most part one and the same, all you have to do is tell ESM that,
    for instance, your policy gives a umask of 022 as the suggested value, and
    it won't tell you to change them.

    Look through the product a little more, and take some time to develop a
    custom policy, rather than using the generic Phase 1, Phase 2, Phase 3
    thing, and I bet you'll find it a much more useful product.

    Regards,
    Steve McBride