Re: Buffer overflows in Minicom 1.80.1

From: M.C.Mar (woloszynat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 02 1998 - 07:51:26 PDT

    On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Alan Cox wrote:

    > > I've tested 1.75 which comes with RH5.0, and it also crashes when
    > > TERM='aaaa....aaa'. Note that it seems to be only setgid uucp, but it's
    > > vulnerable.
    >
    > And an update was issued ages ago. This whole minicom thread is recycling
    > old bugs

    In Slackware 3.5 distribution minicom is setuid root and
    is STILL VULNERABLE, but not easily. ;)

    RegardZ,
    Kil3r

    M.C.Mar   An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.   emsiat_private
          "If you can't make it good, make it LOOK good." - Bill Gates
      Moze to nie miejsce, ale tak np. programy M$ to swoiste pomniki glupoty.