Re: ColdFusion File Upload Exploit (fwd) - correction

From: David LeBlanc (dleblancat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 15 1998 - 08:45:39 PDT

    At 09:14 AM 9/15/98 -0400, David LeBlanc wrote:
    >At 08:23 PM 9/14/98 -0500, Aleph One wrote:

    Although this is correct, apparently Cold Fusion does more than wrap the
    Win32 API in their internal API, so I'm in error - it works the way they
    said (which IMHO, seems not to be too smart - if you're going to hard code
    a default, %systemroot% isn't a good one).

    >>WORKAROUND: Currently, TEMP is correctly set to C:\TEMP as a User
    Environment
    >>Variable, but should also be set as a System Environment Variable.
    >
    >I agree with this.

    Oh - and as was just pointed out on NTBUGTRAQ, you have to restart any apps
    which you'd like to take advantage of any new environment variables.

    David LeBlanc
    dleblancat_private