Vulnerability in Lyris Listserver

From: Jimmy Lee Alderson (blue0neat_private)
Date: Sat Sep 19 1998 - 22:40:16 PDT

    The following is associated with a  post to NTbugtraq.  The original post
    vaguely describes a security problem inherent in a popular server.  I
    recently found this problem on my own, and was going to post. But since it
    has already been posted I have decided to post it to bugtraq, with some
    value added.  I have included the original afer my signature.

    The web interface for the Lyris listserver is a perl based script located
    in the /cgi-bin/ directory on a web server by default.  This server
    contains a vulnerability that allows access at any of the three levels of
    admin that Lyris allows.