Re: IRIX 6.2 passwordless accounts exploit?

From: Kevin Hawkins (khawkinsat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 30 1998 - 09:51:35 PDT

    HP-UX exhibits the same behavior.  Actually, when I questioned this
    behavior on comp.sys.hp.hpux a while back (look for the subject
    "Better remote access denial than securetty?" through DejaNews if
    you're interested), the only response I got took the approach that
    it was more of a feature than a bug.  But I didn't think the arguments
    given were a strong enough case against just dropping root login
    attempts that weren't at the console.

    So maybe the vendors don't see it as a bug?  I certainly do.

                    Kevin

    --
    Kevin Hawkins - NCSA Security
    email: khawkinsat_private