Re: ospf_monitor (Solaris 2.5)

From: Seth Michael McGann (smmat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 21 1998 - 21:55:48 PDT

    I can confirm that the version in FreeBSD 2.2.6 is indeed vulnerable, the
    stack is smashed and we are root at the time :(.  Fortunately, it is not
    executable by anyone but root or group ospf.  I would venture that solaris
    x86 is vulnerable.  The exploit is trivial, just change the target in your
    favorite local overflow and exec.