Re: License Manager's lockfiles (Solaris 2.5.1)

From: pedwardat_private
Date: Fri Oct 23 1998 - 14:56:07 PDT

    > bash$ ls -l /var/tmp/.flexlm
    > total 2
    > -rw-rw-rw-   1 root     root         163 Oct 21 19:55 lmgrd.211
    >
    > I tested the bug by removing lockESRI and making a symlink to
    > /var/tmp/test, in about a minute the file was created, owned by root and
    > worldwrite'able.

    Try creating a wrapper shell script that sets the umask before launching
    the license manager.  If you set it properly, they won't be world writable
    (providing that the LM uses open(filename, O_EXCL | O_CREAT);

    This *sounds* like a simple misuse of the open syntax.

    > /Joel Eriksson

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
    http://www.webcom.com  perry.harringtonat_private  Think Blue.  /\