Re: navigator lost (settings)

From: Russell Van Tassell (russellat_private)
Date: Fri Oct 30 1998 - 12:06:39 PST

    On Tue, 27 Oct 1998, Bill Becker wrote:

    > Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 01:05:03 -0500
    > From: Bill Becker <bbeckerat_private>
    > To: BUGTRAQat_private
    > Subject: navigator lost (settings)
    >
    > I "upgraded' navigator from vers 4.05 to vers 4.07 on a Linux 2.0.x
    > system.  The exact navigator i downloaded was:
    > navigator-v407-us.x86-unknown-linux2.0_libc5.tar.gz
    >
    > I set the 'advanced' settings, turning off java, javascript,
    > stylesheets, autoinstall, and send-email-address-as-passwd.  I also set
    > 'do not accept or send cookies'.
    >
    > Then, while browsing i opened a new browser window by selecting "Navigator
    > Window" from the file menu and it looked as if javascript had started
    > working in the new window.
    >
    >   [...]

    Did you try hitting the "save options" line before opening the new
    window?  Yes, I agree it should probably just be transparent in a single
    session, but...

    --
    Russell M. Van Tassell                          Commercial Systems Corp.
    russellat_private                               http://www.cscorp.com/

                                                         Ph: 1-888/COMM-SYS