Re: Pointcast and destination IP 1.1.1.1

From: pedwardat_private
Date: Tue Nov 03 1998 - 14:48:30 PST

    They are checking to see if they have net connectivity, because it can run
    in offline mode.  If you try to send a packet to an unreachable host, you'll
    get an ICMP unreachable -> EXXXX socket error.

    --Perry

    --
    Perry Harrington        System Software Engineer    zelur xuniL  ()
    http://www.webcom.com  perry.harringtonat_private  Think Blue.  /\