Re: Bug in Solaris 2.6 ???

From: Darren J Moffat - Enterprise Services OS Product Support Group (darren.moffatat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 04 1998 - 01:12:30 PST

    >Just out of curiousity...are you currently patched?

    >         Its possible to crash solaris 2.6 using dtmail
    >        I found that on starting dtmail and using the delete folder and
    quit
    >options
    >        the mc reboots. herez what the messages sez
    >        >
    >        > ct 29 16:01:44 suna168 unix: dump on /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 size
    >154008K
    >        > Oct 29 16:01:44 suna168 unix: panic[cpu0]/thread=0x6093cc60:
    >Kernel panic at trap level 2, trap reason 0x2
    >
    >        Though this didn't occur everytime, I was able to repeat this 4 on
    >12 times.
    >        If any of you have any clues regarding this pls Post ASAP

    Without seeing the crash dump it is very difficult to say what is
    going on here.  I very much doubt the problem is with dtmail.

    Log a new call with Sun Enterprise Services (or your service provider)
    and send them the crash dump.

    If you don't have a service contract, go and by a copy of Panic
    and learn how to do crash dump analysis yourself :-)

    At a first pass it might be worth checking this isn't some very
    subtle disk corruption by changing the mount options for the file
    system with the folders on it to use -o onerror=umount or -o onerror=lock

    --
    Darren J Moffat