new hijack software: hunt-1.0

From: Pavel Krauz (kraat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 01 1998 - 01:24:42 PST

    Hi all

    I would like to announce new Linux software for intruding into a
    connection.
    It has several features which I didn't find in any free available
    software.
    You can download it from

    http://www.cri.cz/kra/index.html

    with regards
    kra <kraat_private>

    from README:
    - connection management
            * setting what connections you are interested in
            * detecting an ongoing connection (not only SYN started)
            * Normal active hijacking with the detection of the ACK storm
            * ARP spoofed/Normal hijacking with the detection of successful
              ARP spoof
            * synchronization of the true client with the server after
              hijacking (so that the connection don't have to be reset)
            * resetting connection
            * watching connection

    - daemons
            * reset daemon for automatic connection resetting
            * arp spoof/relayer daemon for arp spoofing of hosts with the
    ability
              to relay all packets from spoofed hosts.
            * MAC discovery daemon for collecting MAC addresses
            * sniff daemon for logging TCP traffic with the ability to
    search for
              a particular string

    - host resolving
            * deferred host resolving through dedicated DNS helper servers.

    - packet engine
            * extensible packet engine for watching TCP, UDP, ICMP and ARP
    traffic
            * collecting TCP connections with sequence numbers and the ACK
    storm
              detection.
    - misc.
            * determining which hosts are up