Re: DCC HiJacking patch for BitchX 75p1

From: mikey (mikeyat_private)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 16:48:43 PST

    Yes, this might help. But why worry? they would need to port scan, and
    find the port quicker than the other client can connect. Do you think they
    can do this all the time? Or Barely ever? So this is not a problem, I
    don't understand why anyone even got jumpy over it. I could do the same
    with ftp, ftp opens ports waiting to recieve files. Do you see people
    making patches for that?