Re: New perl module Net::RawIP

From: routeat_private
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 15:41:32 PST

    [Sergey V. Kolychev wrote]

    |  I'm just another perl coder ;). I'm writing module which
    |  can be used for easy manipulating raw ip packets from perl.
    |  This module have optional feature for manipulating ethernet
    |  headers.

        Well, if we're plugging RAW IP packet assembly code, then here's my
        offering.  http://www.infonexus.com/~daemon9/Projects/Libnet

        Libnet generic readme:

        Libnet is an API to help with the construction and handling of network
        packets.  It provides a portable framework for low-level network
        packet writing and handling (use libnet in conjunction with libpcap and
        you can write some really cool stuff).  Libnet includes packet creation
        at the IP layer and at the link layer as well as a host of supplementary
        and complementary functionality.  Still in it's infancy however, the
        library is evolving quite a bit.  It is mainly useful for quick and simple
        packet assembly and related applications (Traceroute and ping were easily
        rewritten using libnet).  See the manpage and sample test code for more
        detailed information.

    --
    I live a world of paradox... My willingness to destroy is your chance for
    improvement, my hate is your faith -- my failure is your victory, a victory