Re: SUN almost has a clue! (automountd) (fwd)

From: Bojan Zdrnja (bzdrnjaat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 01:11:10 PST

    On  0, Robert Borrell <borrellat_private> wrote:
    > To all on the list,
    >
    > I tested the exploited listed below on Solaris 2.6 sparc platforms and I
    > could NOT replicate the results from below.  The systems have the latest
    > Solaris 2.6 recommended cluster.

    I tested same exploit on Solaris 2.6 machines and it worked. Maybe you
    haven't read carefully enough exploit explanations. You *have to* DNS spoof
    attacking machine (or just put it into /etc/hosts for testing).
    If you try attacking remote machine without DNS spoofing it just won't work.
    You can find some logs in /var/adm/messages, I already see various people
    trying this exploit on my machines :-(.

    Reboot attempt worked successfully and left this in log:

    Jan  5 09:56:20 testmachine reboot: rebooted by LOGIN

    Also, machine I tested exploit on was *fully* patched Solaris 2.6 machine.

    Regards, Bojan

    --
    E-mail: bzdrnjaat_private        (world address)

    WHERE DREAMS COME TRUE | URL:                      | Funky technician
    AND MUSIC NEVER STOPS  | http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~ld/ | is back!