Re: Tripwire mess..

From: Austin Schutz (texat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 06 1999 - 18:41:50 PST

    >Chuck Campbell (campbellat_private) pointed me out that tripwire dies with
    >coredump on R.H. linux, if it hits a filename containing 128-255 characters.

            I reported this to the author maybe a year and a half ago(?). I
    was evidently not the first as the author already knew about the problem.
            I would recommend against using security tools that are not properly
    maintained. It's probably worth looking at the release date of a package
    before using it and reconsidering if it hasn't been touched within the
    last 6 months or year. There are probably other bugs lurking that the
    author hasn't bothered to fix.

            Austin