Re: Personal Web Server

From: Fredrick Moore (fdmoreat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 19 1999 - 14:13:51 PST

    From: Ilya Varlashkin <ilyaat_private>
    >GET /....../
    ><HEAD><TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE></HEAD>
    ><BODY><H1>404 Not Found</H1>
    >The requested URL /....../ was not found on this server.<P>
    ></BODY>
    >Connection closed by foreign host.

    Kiborg <contactat_private> was rite, it works. My testings.
    Server: FrontPage-PWS32/3.0.2.926
    OS: Win95

    During installation process i installed only PWS without any other

    components. Let's test
    http://127.0.0.1/....../

    Index of /....../
    (worked)

    I removed PWS, and installed Typical setup (including: FrontPage client
    software, personal web server, FrontPage extensions)
    Let's test.
    http://127.0.0.1/....../

    404 Not Found
    The requested URL /....../ was not found on this server.
    (failed)

    Ok let's run command.com
    C:\windows\other\dirs\>cd \......\
    C:\>
    Maybe this is the problem?
    Does this work with Win98??

    >So it seems something is wrong with your PWS settings
    Maybe, but i installed freshly without changing anything. Anyway i
    think microsoft must check this out.