IIS Advisory

From: Marc (Marcat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 16:43:21 PST

    Hi,

    I have been getting a few eMails from people saying they could not reproduce
    the overflow. Most of them were using NT4's ftp.exe. If you look at what
    NT4's ftp.exe does... it does not send the ls command correctly therefore
    its not going to work. If you would like to test the overflow I suggest two
    things. Use NT5's ftp.exe or write your own code. We didnt want to release a
    hack.exe program to test the overflow. To many people would run around
    crashing whatever they could find.

    So please stop sending me eMail saying you cannot do it. If you are sending
    it correctly and cannot reproduce it then send me an eMail. However please
    dont send me something like the following:

    >I could not reproduce this on a machine with Wintdows NT 4.0/Service Pack 4
    >and IIS 4.0.
    >I get "sorry, input line too long".

    Thats your clients problem.

    Once again if your either writing your own program or using an ftp program
    that functions properly and the overflow still does not work. Then eMail me.

    Signed,
    Marc
    eEye Digital Security Team
    http://www.eEye.com