Re: Personal Web Server

From: Eric Stevens (ejstevenat_private)
Date: Sun Jan 24 1999 - 16:45:03 PST

    <snip>
    >For Example, I tried sharing my WinZip Directory as 'Test' and strangely
    >enough http://127.0.0.1/Test/ brought up the WinZip Directory.
    </snip>
    That's the way it's supposed to work.  With some versions of the PWS, there
    should be an option in the sharing dialog for web sharing, in others, it is
    not an option there, but within your administration (accessed through the
    control panel or double clicking the icon in your system tray) for the PWS,
    you can add and subtract directories from the list of shared's.  The PWS is
    not a professional tool, it's designed for dummies, so when Harry Illiterate
    at home shares a directory, he expects to be able to access it through the
    web server.  It is important to note that the PWS is not designed for use in
    a high-security risk area.  It's exactly what it's named... the Personal Web
    Server.