Re: Microsoft Access 97 Stores Database Password as Plaintext

From: Donald Moore (MindRape) (mindrapeat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 21:07:40 PST

    Paul,

    This recreation just demonstrates how you can recreate this situation.  The
    problem is that Microsoft Access stores the password to the database in
    plaintext.  Without knowing the password beforehand, one can search other
    mdb's looking for table attachments orginiating from the passworded
    database.  The commercial product from FMS has been compromised, and a
    number of others (including our own product).

       Donald Moore (MindRape)          . .::./ ./  // ./__/.:::. .
       Email: mindrapeat_private            .             \/  .
               damagedat_private       Damaged Cybernetics