Re: Microsoft Access 97 Stores Database Password as Plaintext

From: Kehoe, Anthony (Exchange) (akehoeat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 01:38:16 PST

    ------_=_NextPart_000_01BE50EB.74037D78

    I have tried this exploit on an already-created database. The parent
    database, containing just the tables, is accessed by a second database with
    all the forms, reports etc. The second database *does* indeed contain the
    parent db's password in plain text. This exploit is only going to be of use
    to someone who, for whatever reason, needs to get into a parent db without
    knowing the password.

    Regards,
    Anthony Kehoe
    Bear Stearns Information Technology - Dublin