More oshare testing (cont.)

From: Tomas Björklund (t.bjorklundat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 03:51:56 PST

    I have also seen some different behaviours when using oshare.

    oshare from a Linux 2.0.34 server (which is in the closet, everyone has one
    right?) against my Dell Latitude portable computer with Windows 98 english
    version without any updates or patches and a Xircom CE3 10/100 PCMCIA card
    resulted in a spontaneus reboot.

    But from work on a Linux 2.0.33 against several stationary computers running
    the same Windows 98 without any patches the oshare flood didn't do much, didn't
    even slow down the target computer. The NIC's in these computers are 3com
    10Mbit PCI cards and some Intel Etherexpress 10/100.

    Regards Tomas Björklund
    Staff @ Wineasy - http://www.wineasy.se/