Re: Another Windows98 Bug...

From: Nick Lamb (njl98rat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 19:13:18 PST

    On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Jensen Allan AJE wrote:

    > It seems to be an Explorer-only bug, as no other application I've tried went
    > down.

    Every application that uses the Win95-style common file dialog will crash
    if you try to right-click on the over-length filename.

    In addition, I tried the following apps and as well as confirming the
    right-click problem I attempted to open the file...

    Word 7.0 seemed to ignore my attempt to open the file
    PowerPoint 7.0 seemed to ignore my attempt to open the file
    Excel 7.0 crashed with a standard crash dialog
    Paint Shop Pro 4.12 exited immediately without any messages
    Photoshop 4.0 politely said "File Not Found"

    The lab test machine claims to be NT 4.00.1381, which may or may not be
    important for this bug nest.

    Nick.