Re: Another Windows98 Bug...

From: Barrett G. Lyon (blyonat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 14:37:56 PST

    At 07:26 PM 2/12/99 +0100, you wrote:
    >> Scott schrieb:
    >>
    >> I'm not sure about the details of this problem, but when testing
    >> another buffer overflow, I created a long filename called
    >> "testfile.txt
    >> "
    >> (note the chr(160)'s at the end) It is 235 characters in length.
    >> After creating it on my desktop, I right clicked on it; explorer
    >> crashed saying it caused an illegal operation.  the only way I found
    >> to close this was by using command.com  I sent this to a friend and
    >> he got the same error.

    Try sending a file with the oversied name attached in an email to.. say..
    eudora pro or something.  Watch what happens (I would backup eudora mail
    before you do it).

    -Barrett

    --
    Barrett G. Lyon                        PGP: www.netpr.com/pgpkeys
    Data & Network Security Consultant     Fax: 310-737-0196