Re: ISS Internet Scanner Cannot be relied upon for conclusive

From: Daniele Orlandi (danieleat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 15:09:31 PST

    Francis Favorini wrote:

    > > Because it is going to be accurate on 99+% of NT systems.  The file
    > > timestamps are all the same when you install a hotfix.
    >
    > What about daylight savings, which can change the time of a file by one
    > hour, which in turn can bump it to a new date?

    All the timestamps should be recorded in GMT, all comparisons should be made
    relying on GMT time. The only thing that changes between DST and NON DST is the
    time shown to the user.

    Changing saving time state is like changing time zone, 10:00 CET is the same GMT
    time as 4:00 EST (it's only an example, I could be wrong).

    Regdars.

    --
     Daniele

     Daniele Orlandi - Utility Line Italia - http://www.orlandi.com
     Via Mezzera 29/A - 20030 - Seveso (MI) - Italy