Re: Win98 Screensaver - A Interesting Problem

From: Demian Ginther (DGintherat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 09:21:03 PST

    It will give focus back to the screen saver password requester, but you actually have to click on it, which isnt required for the computer to want it's password.  The screensaver doesn't force focus to be kept on itself.

    >>> "Eric Stevens" <ejstevenat_private> 02/13/99 09:35AM >>>
    >I have also seen this, especially in the case of Instant Messenger.  If my
    screensaver is running
    >and i receive an Instant Message, when i type in my password, it goes into
    the instant message
    >instead.

    This I've noticed.  I'm not sure whether this was a problem with the screen
    saver or Instant Messenger.  The screen savers I am using are After Dark
    4.0.  If anyone knows how to make these things properly, it's After Dark
    whose engine does all the handling of events like lost focus, not the
    individual modules.  That leads me to believe that it's Instant Messenger
    who's stealing the focus and not being willing to give it back.