Re: Frontpage extensions under Apache 1.3.4

From: Alan Brown (alanat_private)
Date: Sun Feb 21 1999 - 19:15:56 PST

    On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Sitzkrieg Redundus wrote:

    > I spent the bulk my time a few days back convincing the Frontpage 98
    > extensions and Apache 1.3.4 (patched with patch version 3.0.4.3) to play
    > nicely. After banging my head against it for a few hours, I got things to
    > what I thought was a workable point, and fired up httpd. And got an error
    > back about there being a syntax error on line 1 of /dev/null.

    Has anyone properly audited the current Front Page extensions for any
    Apache server? My understanding is that these are available soley as
    binary/object files and inspection of source is impossible.

    I'd love to know if this has changed, as we refuse to install FP
    extensions because for all we know they may be swiss cheese.

    Many other apache server admins will have taken the same position.

    AB