NetBus client 1.x overflow

From: Daniel Rosowski (bugtraqmailat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 13:43:56 PST

    Hello all you bugtraq"ers" out there,

    I don't know if this is already known, if so please excuse my post.

    When I was experimenting with the remote administration tool     NetBus
    1.x client I found something interesting. I set up netcat (TCP/IP tool, at
    www.l0pht.com) to send a file 700kb of size to every host that connects to my
    port 12345. When I connected with the NetBus client to the localhost, NetBus
    crashed about three seconds later.
    I tried that on a dialup connection with a friend and it worked, too.
    The new NetBus 2.0 Pro is not affected by the overflow, it cuts the
    connection when it doesn't recognize the NetBus server message.
    I don't have any suggestion how to fix the problem other than not to use
    it  :-)

    Daniel Rosowski
    ---
    Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net