Re: SMTP server account probing

From: Scott Fendley (dsfat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 14:16:13 PST

    Couldn't you just compile sendmail with tcp_wrapper support, and have a
    script parsing your logs so that if someone manages to get n # of pokes at
    your system then their Ip address and/or DNS server will be placed in the
    hosts.deny.  Then as an admin you remove those that need to be removed
    after the problem user has been properly slapped or you could possibly run
    an automatic removal of k # of hours (or days).  I think some of our good
    programmers out there could easily write up something thtat will help
    prevent these users from even getting to sendmail and causing it to fork
    or anything.

    Anything I am missing here?

    Scott