Re: IE 5.0 allows reading and sending local files to a remote

From: Andrew Tulloch (frohickyat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 31 1999 - 00:14:47 PST

    If you look under scripting options in security settings there is the option
    "Allow paste via script" simply turning this to disabled provides this
    result:

    <paste>
    See the contents of your file among the other stuff
    ----
    -----------------------------7cf26c3b6a8 Content-Disposition: form-data;
    name = "a"; filename="" Content-Type:
    application/octet-stream -----------------------------7cf26c3b6a8--
    </paste>

    which as far as I see has disabled the reading of local files and is a
    little less drastic than disabling all JavaScript.

    Regards,

    Andrew Tulloch