Re: BOA was: An issue with Apache on Debian

From: Leszek Gerwatowski (biglat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 01:09:45 PDT

    On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 04:18:05PM -0300, Stephen Gregory wrote:
    > FYI:
    >
    > The Debian Boa package, a (very) lightweight web server, does this as
    > well. Version 0.93.16.1-1, Debian 2.2 (unstable/potato). Due to boa's
    > limited configurability I think the best option is to disable the
    > redirect. The relavent line in /etc/boa/boa.conf is
    >
    > #Alias /doc /usr/doc
    >

    > The maintainer will be notified via Debian bug tracking.
    >
    > On Mon, Apr 05, 1999 at 07:53:35PM +0300, Andrei D. Caraman wrote:
    > > The default setup of Apache (apache_1.3.3-7.deb) makes the /usr/doc
    > > directory available to anyone as http://some.host/doc/.  The relevant
    > > line is in the srm.conf file:
    > >
    > > 	Alias /doc/ /usr/doc/

    When I notified maintainer of Debian Apache package about this issue he
    answered that this alias is required in every Debian packaged web server
    by Debian packaging policy and if I want to report it as a bug I should
    change first the policy. But I've chosen to comment one line in srm.conf ;-)

    --
    |Leszek Gerwatowski|    _/_|_\
    "It took the computing power of three C-64s to fly to the Moon.
    It takes a 486 to run Windows 95. Something is wrong here."