Lotus Notes Locations & DST

From: Anto Veldre (anto.veldreat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 08 1999 - 23:54:41 PDT

    wrote:

    >Lotus Notes may under some circumstances silently change the System time.
    >This happend here with "Location"="Office (Network)", "Local time
    zone"="Central European Time", and "Daylight savings >time"="Not observed
    here".
    >Because this could cause severe problems with any software that uses time
    stamping any application not specifically >designed for time maintainance
    should prompt the user before tampering with the system time.

    I am currently using the following Notes client program on my laptop:
    Lotus 4.6a [Intl] 21 November 1997.

    Some notes considering the summer time switching.
    "Observe Daylight savings" is checked in my Notes client,
    "Automatically adjust clock" is checked in "Control Panel->Date&Time"
    Operating system is Win95 OSR2.

    It happened last month that an important meeting was
    appointed ( 23 of March 1999 10:00 , local time). After switching
    to summer time (02:00 changed to 03:00 local time early morning
    at 23rd of March, automatically, by OS), the meeting moved +1 hour
    and appeared at 11:00.

    I checked this with another party of the meeting, he saw the same
    results on his PC. Luckily we both remebered the actual time....

    I use Notes calendar function too rarely to make some/other final
    conclusion.

    Anto Veldre,
    anto.veldreat_private