Re: ipop3d (x2) / pine (x2) / ...

From: GvS (gvsat_private)
Date: Sun Apr 11 1999 - 05:07:12 PDT

    Hi there!

    On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Mark Crispin wrote:

     MC> We thought these claims required a response from us since they contain
     MC> misleading information and only about 20% fact. And by the way, we were
     MC> not contacted before this post was made to BUGTRAQ, as protocol states.
    [snip]

    The experience says: it's useless lack of time to report something to
    you. Michal (and me) had some conversations (about pine locking world
    writable, e.g.) before with no reasonable results - so why contact you
    first? It seems like you love the things you made too strong to react
    for any issues related. Using pine for almost three years, I still
    need to patch the any new version. People who used imap3d and ipop3d
    said something similar about them.

    Your development team occupates position which doesn't seem wise. I
    myself can't see any point of reason to inform you about patches
    available, but I can see the direct reason to inform bugtraq
    subscribers.

    SY, Seva Gluschenko, just stranger at the Road.
    GVS-RIPE: Cronyx Plus / RiNet network administrator.

    --- IRC: erra
     * Origin: Erra Netmale (gvsat_private) [http://gvs.rinet.ru/]