Re: ARP problem in Windows9X/NT

From: Daniel Ekman (kneggeat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 12 1999 - 16:56:00 PDT

    > I've found a problem in Windows9X/NT's way of handeling ARP packets.
    >
    > If you flood a computer at your LAN with the packet below, it's user
    > will be forced to click a messagebox's OK button x times, where x is the number
    > of packets you flooded with.

    My experience of ARP packets (in win) is that you don't even know you're
    being exposed of them, no message box or anytning. Another thing that
    bothered me was that I couldn't add a static addres of a IP in my ARP cache.
    In Linux I could add them static, then a ARP packet can't change them, but
    in windows the static flag doesen't seem to have any effect, tried on several
    windows boxes but the same result: an ARP packet _did_ change a static address,
    don't know if the static flag in win has the same purpose as in Linux.

    btw, only tested on win95 boxes.
    hope you understand my explanation :)

    //Knegge

    #define E-Mail     "kneggeat_private"