Re: aDSL routers

From: Joe Shaw (jshawat_private)
Date: Wed Apr 14 1999 - 13:14:21 PDT

    One could assume that since they set no admin password, yet discuss it in
    the documentation that it's not really a security flaw, but stupidity on
    the part of lazy system managers.  If Flowpoint set the admin password
    to their equipment to the same string on all shipped routers, this
    would be no different than not resetting the default password to
    something else.

    You should always read the manuals for your equipment, and always pay
    attention to the details like them suggesting you set or change a
    password.

    --
    Joseph W. Shaw - jshawat_private
    Freelance Computer Security Consultant and Perl Programmer