Re: RH Linux telnet problems

From: John D. Hardin (jhardinat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 15 1999 - 17:00:10 PDT

    On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Rui Ribeiro wrote:

    > It should issue a error and not ask for the password, since

    Not necessarily. Shortcutting the login process in that manner would
    leak security policy information.

    If you *always* get "Login" and then "Password", then you cannot
    determine whether the failure was due to an invalid account name, a
    bad password, or security policy restrictions.

    --
     John Hardin KA7OHZ                               jhardinat_private
     pgpk -a finger://gonzo.wolfenet.com/jhardin    PGP key ID: 0x41EA94F5