Go!Zilla, possible trojan

From: GossiTheDog (gossiat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 14:35:20 PDT

    I'm a little concerned about a program called Go!Zilla (a Windows 9x
    Internet download manager) - basically upon detecting network
    connections it appears to send about 2-4k of data to a remote machine
    on port 1975.

    There appears to be no reference to this made in the documentation,
    and I'm a little concerned about what it is actually sending to the
    server (and also what is being logged at the server end).

    Anybody want to pull Go!Zilla apart or run a network sniffer and see
    what it's doing?

    I might just be jumping to conclusions, but with what happened with
    ProMail I don't think we can afford to have another trojan available
    on all the big download sites...

    Regards,

    [Name]      GossiTheDog
    [Email]     gossiat_private