Re: AOL Instant Messenger URL Crash

From: Adam Brown (madat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 20 1999 - 14:34:16 PDT

    I'm sorry if I was unclear in my first post.  The only way I've seen to
    exploit this is to send someone a hyperlink in the form of
    aim:addbuddy?=screenname and have them click on it.  (replacing "screenname"
    with an actual screen name seems to give the same result)  You can also set
    up a web page that will redirect your victim to a client crashing URL once
    they've caught on to your evil little scheme. :p  I set up an example of
    this at http://www.fazed.net/poof for testing purposes, of course.

    Adam Brown
    SpunOne@IRC
    http://www.fazed.net