Web Store EC App Security Analysis

From: Fred Bower (fredbat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 27 1999 - 14:57:31 PDT

    As a follow-on to the numerous reports of EC app security vulnerabilities, I thought that I would add my $.02.  I did a (fairly) detailed analysis of WebStore ( http://www.extropia.com/scripts/web_store.html ) and have published my paper at http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~fredb/cse527paper.html for all to read.  While WebStore has already been mentioned in a thread here, the detail given was limited.  If you desire additional information, my report may be of interest.  In addition to the unauthorized access to order information, I found potential denial of service or installation corruption issues that, while not as large a problem as publication of credit card numbers, are still significant problems in the product.

    fred
    Fred Bower
    Standard Disclaimers Apply
    fredbat_private