Re: Possible Linuxconf Vulnerability

From: Desync (desyncat_private)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 03:45:34 PDT

    Where do you draw the line between poor system managment and exploitable
    programs. If I set suid root on /bin/bash, is that to say its an
    exploit?

    Obviously, someone would have to remove clock for this to occur. Which
    would conclude that either A) you had incorrect permissions for clock B)
    they had allready used some means of another true exploit to cause other
    program to misbehave.

    If someone really wanted to do some damage with physical access to a
    machine, popping a rescue disk set into the drive and rebooting with the
    reset switch would do fine.

    --

    The sand castle is being washed out by the sea.