Re: Outlook 98 allows spoofing internal users

From: Sebastian Schreiber (Sebastian.Schreiberat_private-TUEBINGEN.DE)
Date: Sun May 02 1999 - 12:41:39 PDT

    Hi Nate,

    I was not able to reproduce the exploit that you reported to the
    bugtraq mailing list. Outlook98 did exactly what I expected: when I
    open the mail, I see the "From:"-header in the message. When I reply
    to the email, Outlook takes the "Reply-To:"-address of the
    header. Which version of Outlook did you test?

    Best Regards, Sebastian

    PS: your "quick script" has a little bug: the header entry should be
        "Reply-To:" instead of "Reply To:".

    --
    -- What's a letter?  Is it like E-mail?                ((o)(o))