Re: Citrix Winframe client for Linux

From: Davin Milun (milunat_private)
Date: Fri May 28 1999 - 13:43:31 PDT

    >From: David Terrell <dbtat_private>
    >Date:         Fri, 28 May 1999 12:26:59 -0700
    >Subject:      Citrix Winframe client for Linux
    >To: BUGTRAQat_private
    >
    >[ presumably this holds true for the other unix clients as well, but
    >  all I have is linux to test on ]
    >
    >The Citrix Winframe linux client (used for accessing Winframe and
    >Windows NT Server Terminal Edition) has a simple configuration section.
    >Perhaps too simple....  All configuration information is stored in a
    >directory /usr/lib/ICAClient/config which is mode 777.  This in and
    >of itself is bad news, since any user on the system can overwrite
    >configuration data.

    Are you sure that the current (3.x) version still does this.
    I know that we saw this with the older 2.x clients, with the 3.x version, it
    creates a .ICAClient directory in the user's home directory, and stores the
    configuration data there.

    Davin.
    --
    Davin Milun    E-mail:  milunat_private     milunat_private
                   Fax:     (716) 645-3464